So it is his birthday today. Every time I ask him how old he is he says, "Not as old as my wife." I guess that's what you get when you marry someone younger than you. Good thing I don't care how old I am because age is just something that happens to all of us and there's nothing you can do to alter it, except have a positive attitude and enjoy what ever you are doing. So that's what I'm trying to do. Anyway, if you really know us then you know that we are low key
celebraters/
partiers. We have become more so since we came to the island and have no income so we are limited. I forgot that we went out to dinner on Saturday for my birthday, because mine fell on a Sunday too. We sang lots of birthday songs to him all day. The kids all drew lots of pictures for him after lunch. We went on a walk as a family, and filled up some water bottles on campus. We ate mango chocolate chip cookies for dessert. (I made them yesterday and he didn't want me to make a cake or brownies when we already had fresh cookies in the house.) It was a nice day and I hope he knows how much we love him and appreciate him! Thanks for everything.
Here is the excited birthday boy.
Enjoying mango cookies!


Not enjoying so much - she gave me her cookie and asked for one of the
carmels he was eating.

This is just what he really likes to do when I take pictures. I guess this is how he will be remembered. His fault, not mine.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY-- had we known we would have called- sad- but it doen look like a fun celebration :)
Post a Comment